There was a shakeup in Brooklyn politics last month with Walter Mosley, Tremaine Wright and Felix Ortiz, all considered “machine candidates”, losing their races to candidates who are new on the scene, Phara Souffrant Forrest, a nurse from Crown Heights defeated 4 term incumbent Mosley to win the 57th District Assembly seat, Marcela Mitaynes beat 13-term Assembly Member Félix Ortiz for the 51st District seat in Sunset Park and Red Hook, and Jabari Brisport defeated Tremaine Wright to win the State Senate race for Brooklyn’s 25th District.
The Publisher of Kings County Politics will be the guest on VOICES of East New York with Nikki Lucas, Sunday August 9, 2020 @9am. The show will be livestreamed on Facebook.com/EastNewYorkNews and on the homepage of EastNewYork.com. Voters and political experts can join the discussion, ask questions and find out why there is an increase in losses by incumbent and favored candidates throughout Brooklyn and the 5 boroughs. They will discuss the trends and what to expect in the coming elections.
Watch past segments of VOICES of East New York with Nikki Lucas
- Mental Health Information Session With Gina Mckinney, LCSW
- Congressman Hakeem Jeffries
- Attorney Ed King on Evictions (Landlord and Tenant Issues)
- NYC Mayoral Candidate Joycelyn Taylor
- Entrepreneur & Business Information Session With CEO of Fusion East
- Hip Hop Artist & Producer KOTA The Friend on Being Independent
- Brooklyn DA Eric Gonzalez
- Senator Roxanne Persaud
- Senator Julia Salazar
To Suggest a guest for the show email firstname.lastname@example.org and put “VOICES of ENY” in the subject line.
Leave a Reply