Brownsville Building To Be Redeveloped Into New Affordable Housing As Family Services Network Finds Co Developer

According to YIMBY, Xenolith Partners has announced plans to jumpstart construction at the site of a derelict and abandoned police precinct in Brownsville, Brooklyn. Located at 1546 East New York Avenue, the building is over 100 years old and once functioned as the 65th, then later the 73rd Police Precinct with jurisdiction over the northern corner of Brownsville.

1546 East New York Ave. Existing Building at that location

The property is owned by Family Services Network of New York, a non profit community-based organization, which provides comprehensive health and human services, throughout the five boroughs. According to their website, since 1981, we have been meeting the complex community health needs of a diverse population, with compassion and the rendering of quality service(s).

The new development will have 95 supportive and affordable housing units and a 5,000 sq ft community space.

Family Services will provide support services to 60 percent of the units. The other 40 percent of the units will be set aside for households earning 40-80 percent of the area’s median income.

More details on this development will be posted on when the information becomes available, including application information.


Free Food Pickup for Brownsville Residents During Coronavirus Pandemic

10 Residents Die In Their Apartments in Van Dyke Houses AS NYCHA Hit Hard by Coronavirus

Affordable Apartment Lottery in East New York & Brownsville Rents from $682/Mth to $1,588/Mth

Content Distributed by: NYC Newswire

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *